In accordance with the Requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 For Registration with Care Quality Commission as an Organisation – AHC Enterprises UK Limited who operates Spencer Road Dental Surgery
Spencer Road Dental Surgery
- Spencer Road
Aims and Objectives
The Spencer Road Dental Surgery is a Private family run practice. We employ dedicated and professional staff to deliver outstanding dental care in a safe, caring and effective manner. We strive to create a clinically excellent environment where we are responsive to patient’s needs. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to provide dental care and treatment of high quality and standards. All our services are tailored to meet patients’ needs and wishes. We aim to deliver all clinical treatments in a comfortable and caring manner. We aim to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards
Our Objectives include:
To promote good oral health and wellbeing
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- To offer consultations, X-rays, routine restorative work, endodontics, periodontal treatments, prosthodontic work, orthodontics, cosmetic dental treatment and dental implant treatment options.
- To offer patients a professional and friendly service
- To explain the diagnosis to patients in plain and understandable jargon free language. Emphasising the importance of giving patients full knowledge about treatment options, costs, risks etc.
- Understanding the needs of our patients thoroughly so we can exceed their expectations.
- To keep patients informed of treatment progress at each stage and obtaining relevant consent.
- To refer patients to qualified specialist where necessary
- To offer preventative care and advice
- To establish an individually designed personal dental health regime for every patient to meet their dental care needs
- Surgical Procedures
- To provide detailed information and explanation to patients where a surgical procedure is necessary including risks etc.
- To obtain a valid and informed consent for all surgical procedures carried out in our practice.
- To follow up on patients progress after surgical procedures to ensure full recovery and minimise risks
3-Diagnostic and screening procedures
- To arrange appointments and follow ups within appropriate timeframe.
- To undertake a complete and detailed examination of patients oral health utilising relevant diagnostic equipment, taking into account relevant medical history
- To inform patients of the results from diagnostic and screening procedures with a view to discuss possible treatment options.
These objectives are achieved by offering patients a personal service, integrating the highest quality products with the latest proven techniques and protocols.
Patients are treated with honesty and integrity, in complete confidence and the utmost discretion, in comfortable surroundings, at a reasonable cost.
Name, address and contact details of the service provider and the registered manager
The Spencer Rd Dental Surgery, 8 Spencer Road, Earlsdon Coventry CV5 6PA, 02476677881, [email protected]
Dr Arshad Mahmood
Staff within the practice:
Dr Arshad Mahmood
Four Dental Nurses
Two Dental Hygienists
Facilities within the Premises
Our Dental Practice is a detached building in a convenient location on a main Rd with a bus route. Coventry train station is within 600m. The building is slightly set back to allow for at least four FREE car parking spaces. There is also a large carpark at the back of the building with disabled parking available for patients with mobility issues. There is 3 hours free parking available on Spencer road.
The surgeries are based on the ground floor of the building. We have a large waiting area with a selection of magazines available for patients. There is a ground floor disabled friendly toilet. There are two surgeries in the practice. We have a purpose-built decontamination room to assure Best Practice in minimising cross infection.
We employ digital XRAY for all our imaging requirements such as instant radiography that uses the lowest radiation to our patients. We also have a state of the art Sirona CBCT scanner to meet the needs of our Dental Implant patients. We offer out of hour emergency care for all our patients.
Appointments- Can be made over the phone or popping into the surgery. We aim to see all patients as soon as possible with the shortest possible wait.
Cancellation Policy- At least 24 hours’ notice is required of a cancellation, otherwise a charge can be incurred and this is at the practice management’s discretion.
Smoking Policy – In order to provide a safe and smoke free environment for staff and patients, we operate in a no smoking building
Methods of Payment/Credit- All major credit/debit cards are accepted with the exception of American Express. Cash and cheques can be accepted if no other alternative.
Car Parking- There is ample car parking facilities at the practice.
Initial consultation- a medical history form will be taken and clinical diagnosis will presented to the patient after history taking and clinical examination. They will be given information on any planned procedure and all alternative treatment options will be discussed, and consent obtained prior to commencement.
Patient Clinical Records – The details of patients are taken at the initial consultations which also form part of the patient clinical records.
Patient Surveys- The practice offers a patients survey box where we appreciate if patients can leave their views regarding the Dental Provision and we use this information to assess quality of our services and find possible ways to make it better.
The Patient Information Leaflet itself is always readily available to patients and copies are
available in the waiting room on the coffee table and reception. If unsure then please ask.
Privacy and dignity of patients – The privacy and dignity of patients is respected at all times. This practice has a policy of patient confidentiality and all information and records are kept safe and locked away.
Last revised 2019